Michelle Keegan's blog: 'Beach beauty advice and my accessory faves

Beach beauty and my accessory faves

Hi everyone, and a very happy Wednesday to you all!
I’m writing this blog having just returned to Manchester after celebrating my hen party with my female family members and some of my closest friends. We had the most amazing time and stayed at the luxurious Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai. Mark and I stayed here with a couple of friends over New Year, and it was then I decided this was the ideal place for my hen… I will tell you all about it over the next couple of weeks. Promise!
Here’s a couple of snaps from inside the hotel :-)



michelle1
michelle2
michelle4
(one of the pools!)

I feel very inspired about summer fashion after seeing so many beautiful women from all over the world. Basically I am loving colour right now. Winter is a time for black and grey – summer is all about the white and the brights! I love these dresses from Topshop and Zara.

michelle5
michelle6
michelle7

I wore a lot of white on my trip away – here is a pic of me on my way to dinner at Siddharta Lounge.
michelle8

This dress is one of mine with Lipsy London, and it’s also the one Denise Van Outen wore onAlan Carr Chatty Man a month or so ago. It’s my favourite piece from this latest collection, I love it.

Tips for looking your best on the beach:
For makeup on the beach – unless you are really suffering from a sore head from the night before it’s better to wear none, or as little as possible.
Before I go away, I get a procedure on my lashes called LVL which curls them and then I get them tinted black so that I don’t need to wear mascara. I also get my brows shaped too.
I only wear a cheek stain because they last under your sunscreen and blend in well giving your cheeks a healthy glow – and, most importantly, it doesn’t cake or fake easily.
My two favourites on the market by far are the Benefit Posietint, which is a girly baby pink …
michelle9

and Origins Pinch Your Cheeks in raspberry, which is a much deeper pink – more like a rose –  and has more of a gel texture than Posietint. It stains your cheeks and is waterproof.
michelle10

The only other thing I really wear on my face is a sunscreen (SPF25/30) and lip balm – I love Rodial lip balm (but mine actually melted in the Dubai heat).
There are loads you can buy for a quid or so at Boots, and up to a tenner for the more expensive brands.
For my hair, I tend to stick it up in a big bun so that it’s out of the way. Spray it with a leave in conditioner and a heat protector to stop it from drying out in the intense sunshine.
For nights out, I really like those pretty headpieces you can buy – my cousin Lauren wore a gorgeous one from TopShop – she looked just like Princess Jasmine with it on.
Here’s a few from TopShop and Miss Selfridge I like:
michelle11
michelle12
michelle13
I also like big thick disheveled plaits. Using a salt spray can keep your plait together for longer and give it a more beachy look  – or you could just let your hair flow free in the sun and the sea. That works just as well, but I prefer my barnet off my face when I’m sunbathing!
I really like body jewellery on the beach too. My other cousin Katie wore a really pretty belly chain at the pool parties we went to and I love my real pearl anklet from
www.pearlescence.co.uk.
michelle17
But ladies – go easy on the bling! Otherwise, it looks way over the top and a bit cheap. Also – metal gets hot in the sun so it can actually burn you!
A pet hate of mine is heels round the pool. Or even worse – the beach! It looks totally wrong – and also, they are totally impractical. You just can’t walk on the sand! Sandal style wedges are fine if you need a bit of height at a beach party, but stick to flip flops and flats please!
Don’t forget your hat either.
A wide brimmed one doesn’t suit everyone but they keep the sun off your face and you can look super chic.
I wore a white one like this over the weekend and I loved it:
michelle16
I’m not a fan of things like sun visors but they can look cool if you are a model, and are good for keeping the sun out of your eyes if you are playing tennis of course!
Flowers always look pretty in your hair, girls! Jazz up an outfit with one of these floral headbands – accessorise have some really cute ones:
michelle15michelle14
Anyway, I need to sign off for now – I will tell you all about the trip in next week’s blog!
Oh. and before I go, thank you SO much to everyone who voted for me in the FHM most sexiest poll! I could not believe it when I was told the news!
All my love,
Michelle xxx
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment